Enter dates and see prices

(English) 7 Tips for Visiting Parc Güell

By | 8 March, 2018 | 0 comments

When visiting Barcelona, one of the absolute must-see places on anyone’s itinerary has to be Parc Güell, an urban forest shaped by Antonio Gaudí himself. The park simply has to be part of a whistle-stop tour around Barcelona, whether that’s part of a weekend trip to Barcelona, a four day visit or an entire week. Together with the Sagrada Familia, it’s the best-known work of the internationally acclaimed Reus-born architect.

Park Güell

A visit to Parc Güell can be a very exciting adventure on your trip to the city, thanks to the way so many natural elements combine with architecture, designs and bright colours, all carefully designed by Gaudí. Visiting the park is a must, whether you’re travelling as a family, with friends or as a couple. Strolling through Parc Güell can be child’s play, but it’s a good idea to follow a few tipsto make the most out of your tour of Parc Güell:

– Check the Parc Güell website: head over to www.parkguell.cat where you’ll find more information and all the latest news from Parc Güell.

– Find cheaper tickets online: you’ll need to buy tickets to enter the Monumental Zone, an official UNESCO World Heritage Site. General tickets bought online €7, whereas they cost €8 from the ticket office on site. For children aged 7 to 12 and those over 65, as well as users with a tarjeta rosa reducida discount card, tickets are €4.90 online and €5.60 in person. Children under 6 years old and those with a tarjeta rosa card go free. The only official ticket site can be found at www.parkguell.cat.

– Buy tickets in advance: to protect Parc Güell, access to the Monumental Zone is strictly regulated. Tickets sold at the ticket office or by cashiers in metro stations are subject to availability on the day. The number of entries is limited to 400 people every half hour, so we recommend you buy tickets in advance wherever possible to avoid disappointment.

– Check the opening hours: from 30th October to 26th March, the park is open between 08.30 and 18.15, from 27th March to 1st May between 08.00 and 20.30, from 2nd May to 28th August between 08.00 and 21.30, and from 29th August to 29th October between 08.00 and 20.30.

– Must-see places. It’s not uncommon to be swept away in the labyrinth of the park’s spaces and lose all track of time in amongst the wonderful nature and sensations. But make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to see the spectacular colours and shapes of the dragon found on the stairs at the entrance, the hypostyle hall, the hall of one hundred columns or the Algarroboviaduct.

 – If you’re travelling in a group with between 10 and 70 people, you can take advantage of an organised group tour. This allows you to enter the park with just one ticket, which you can book up to three months in advance. When booking you’ll pay just 20% of the total price and then the remaining 80% only 7 days before your visit.

– Book a parking space: Parc Güell has parking available for coaches. It is recommended that you book early to avoid missing out. Parking here costs €6 (for an hour and a half).

Categories: barcelona

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*


Barcelona, May 13th 2020

Our highest priority is the health of our customers and employees for this in HCC Hotels is still working hard to provide new and enhanced sanitization and cleaning protocols for a safe stay in our HOTELS.

  • Provision of disinfectant gel in public areas of the hotel.
  • Training adapted for our staff depending on the work department.
  • Equipment for staff with the necessary protection systems.
  • Intensification of cleaning and disinfection in rooms and in public areas.
  • Reduction in capacity and respect for the minimum safety distances established throughout the hotel.
  • Adaptation and constant updating of protocols with new security measures against COVID19 at all times.

As always, we will continue offering personalized service, as we have known over more than 25 years of experience.

We hope to see you soon! We are one step closer to achieving it!

Barcelona, March 24th 2020

It is time to take care of each other!

Following the instructions of the Central Government, we communicate that all HCC Hotels will remain closed until the state of alarm ends. The safety of our employees and customers is and has always been our highest priority.

However, we continue to work from home, so we are available by phone (+34) 934817350 or e-mail hcc@hcchotels.es for any questions you have about your reservations.

At HCC Hotels, we want to send everyone all our support: we will overcome this situation together!

Thank you very much to all.