Enter dates and see prices

(English) 7 top tips for visiting Parc Güell

By | 21 February, 2017 | 0 comments

A compulsory stop on any visit to Barcelona is Parc Güell, the urban forest designed by Antonio Gaudí. Together with the Sagrada Familia, it is the most famous work of the architect from Reus and it is included in every guide to Barcelona for any weekend, four-day and week-long trip.

A visit to Parc Güell is an incredible experience due to the colourful designs combined with natural beauty created by Gaudí. It is the ideal place to visit with family, friends or for a romantic day out.

Below are 7 top tips for visitors to make the most of their trip to Parc Güell:

– Check out the official Parc Güell website: On www.parkguell.cat the most up-to-date information can be found about Parc Güell.

– The cheapest tickets available on the internet: Tickets are required for visitors to access the Zona Monumental which was declared a national heritage site by Unesco. General tickets online cost 7 euros whereas at the ticket office they cost 8 euros. For children aged between 7-12, people aged 65 and over and people with a pink discount card tickets cost 4.90 euros online and 5.60 euros at the ticket office. For children aged under 6 and for people with a pink card entry is free.

Tickets can be bought online at the official website www.parkguell.cat

– Buy tickets in advance: In order to protect and maintain Parc Güell, entrance to the Zona Monumental is regulated and a maximum of 400 people can enter every half an hour. To avoid disappointment, reserve tickets online in advance.

– Opening hours:  30th October – 26th March 8:30am – 6:15pm

                                  27th March – 1st May 8am – 8:30pm

                                  2nd May – 28th August 8am – 9:30pm

                                 29th August – 29th October 8am – 8:30pm

– Must-see: In Parc Güell it is easy to lose all sense of time and get lost in its many labyrinths, but it is essential not to miss out on the spectacular colours and shapes on the dragon steps at the entrance, the hypostyle room, the room with a hundred columns and the Algarrobo viaduct.

– For group visits of between 10 and 70 people, visitors could benefit from an organized visit by reserving a single group ticket up to three months’ in advance. When reserving the ticket, visitors must pay 20% of the price in advance and then 7 days’ before the visit the remaining 80%.

– Reserve a parking space: Parc Güell has a car park for coaches and we recommend reserving in advance in order to avoid disappointment. It costs 6 hours for an hour and a half.

Categories: barcelona

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*


Barcelona, May 13th 2020

Our highest priority is the health of our customers and employees for this in HCC Hotels is still working hard to provide new and enhanced sanitization and cleaning protocols for a safe stay in our HOTELS.

  • Provision of disinfectant gel in public areas of the hotel.
  • Training adapted for our staff depending on the work department.
  • Equipment for staff with the necessary protection systems.
  • Intensification of cleaning and disinfection in rooms and in public areas.
  • Reduction in capacity and respect for the minimum safety distances established throughout the hotel.
  • Adaptation and constant updating of protocols with new security measures against COVID19 at all times.

As always, we will continue offering personalized service, as we have known over more than 25 years of experience.

We hope to see you soon! We are one step closer to achieving it!

Barcelona, March 24th 2020

It is time to take care of each other!

Following the instructions of the Central Government, we communicate that all HCC Hotels will remain closed until the state of alarm ends. The safety of our employees and customers is and has always been our highest priority.

However, we continue to work from home, so we are available by phone (+34) 934817350 or e-mail hcc@hcchotels.es for any questions you have about your reservations.

At HCC Hotels, we want to send everyone all our support: we will overcome this situation together!

Thank you very much to all.